Craving Healthy Foods

>> Thursday, September 3, 2009

I had another great sweat fest at the gym this morning. More running/ walking intervals for a half hour. But man - my legs were tight, particularly my calves. I'm thinking it may have been all of my jumping jacks yesterday. Lots of stretching off and on this afternoon for me!

Lunch was super tasty. I tried an Amy's non-dairy burrito, and I really liked it! I'm constantly impressed with the nutritional stats and ingredients in Amy's products.


I had my burrito with some salsa and a slice of avocado (chopped) and a peach.


What you don't see is when I got part way through my peach and decided, "why not give in to my craving for some almond butter with my peach?" It's not bad for me, and I certainly was planning on only using a dab, so why not? I couldn't think of a reason, so I brought out my last jar (*tear*) of TJ's raw almond butter. I've often found that if my body is craving something healthy (in this case, I have a suspicion it was the healthy fats in almond butter), then maybe it's trying to tell me something and I should listen. We should all trust our bodies far more than we do. :) What are your thoughts on craving healthy foods?

I think I'm going to pop in a cheesy, girly movie while I finish updating my resumes and a couple new cover letters to send out. Ciao!

9 comments:

Ryan @ Greens for Good September 3, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Definitely eat what you crave, especially with your new dietary changes! Most things that are vegan are healthy too so it is a win/win! It is the best way to keep from feeling restricted, I think.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) September 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

You made your burrito so pretty! I love Amy's products too :) You have a safe trip as well!

Low September 3, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

I pretty much give in when my body wants any food, haha. But when it's a healthy craving I definitely listen.

I love Amy's products too!

littlemissminny September 3, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Thanks for the comment!
I indulge in those healthy cravings, I trust my body when it says I need something.

Pam (Highway to Health) September 3, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

What great additions to the burrito!

I've been indulging a bit too much lately.. Time to get back on track!

HealthySDLiving September 3, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

I'm definitely a fan of listening to my body and eating what it craves. Luckily I love a lot of healthy foods like fruits n veggies so it works out!
Oh yay...I love cheesy girl movies!

Lauren September 3, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

I couldn't agree with you more. I really beleive that real cravings are our bodys telling us to fill it with something that we are lacking.
Our bodies know us best! :)

Way to listen to yours and keep your tummy happy. AB and peaches would make me quite content too!

glidingcalm September 3, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

AMYS BURRITOS ARE SO YUM! I haven't had one in too long! And that plate is gorgeousssss! I try to eat what I crave...except if I'm crazy hungry and not getting satisfied, I know it means I need more protein and fat!!

LOVE YOU MAMA!

Nicci@NiftyEats September 3, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

my diet completely changed this whole year and I do crave healthy foods over anything now. I remember going crazy bc i hadn't eaten any fruit one day, it was weird. never thought you could crave healthy foods!

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP