Embracing Fall

>> Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good evening friends! I must make this snappy because I'm nervously double-checking everything for tomorrow's new site debut! So excited!!!

Lunch today was good in theory but meh in taste. It was supposed to be a vegan burrito with a shmear of nonfat refried beans, avocado, salsa, lettuce and some tofu that I pressed and scrambled/ seasoned with Emeril's Essence. It was alright, but wasn't really what I wanted (I wanted more simple foods, but was trying to use up other foods before they went bad).


Now dinner on the other hand...dinner MORE than made up for it! Butternut Squash Creamy Brown Rice. Vegan of course. The flavors completely embraced fall.


This was so delicious. I'm already thinking of making it in Alabama for Thanksgiving. But you know what? I'm going to be a complete brat and not give you the recipe right now. Trust me, it's worth it, but you'll have to check it out on the recipe page of the new site tomorrow. :D

Besides an awesome fall-esque dinner and a super awesome new site debuting tomorrow, want to know what else is awesome? The fact that I *think* I may have my chocolate chip cookie recipe (based of the Whole Foods vegan chocolate chip cookies) down. I think I figured out what the problem was...final taste test will determine!

Have a beautiful, cool, calm fall night! See you tomorrow from S.E.! (new blog name initials...you'll see tomorrow!)

xo,

7 comments:

Mara @ What's For Dinner? September 30, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

Excited to see the new site!!! Let me know if you need help w/anything or a new header... im kinda good at those ;)

Missy September 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Can't wait for the new site! Very exciting! And yes, dinner looks wonderful!

Anne September 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

Ooh I'm excited for the new site! And I can't wait to see that recipe. It looks amazing!

Devan Geselle. N September 30, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Your dinner looks incredible!!

looking forward to your site :)

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 1, 2009 at 12:21 AM  

i can't wait until tomorrow! :)

Jess October 1, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

Uh! You are a brat! I am craving harvest squashes right now and your recipe looks like a great deviation from my current soup addiction!

Simply Life June 20, 2010 at 8:14 AM  

that squash looks delicious!

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP