Fall Feeling

>> Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Guess what?!? It feels like FALL!!!! I am liking living in northern Florida! It's currently in the fifties. YAY! It won't last long, and we're definitely only this cool at night, but who cares? I've seriously been dancing around tonight, windows open, la la la...ok, I'm done. Still super excited, but done. :)

I think I first noticed the difference in temperature and humidity when I emerged from the gym. Let's just say that after 30 minutes of walk/ run intervals and 15 minutes on the stair master, I had a pretty glisten about me. The air felt SO much cooler than it usually does on my sweaty skin. I freaking loved it.

Now, I was all prepared to have an awesome slew of photos to share with tonight's dinner recipe. Unfortunately, it just wasn't worth it. We used some of Emeril's Essence and I think it was just way too salty for this dish.


The dish included quinoa cooked in water and wine, yellow squash, navy beans, spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms. It would have been a really tasty, savory dish, minus the annoying saltiness.

So what's a girl to do after a disappointing dinner? Duh, make cookies. :)


These cookies were like an oatmeal raisin spice cookie. Vegan (of course), but they actually weren't quite right. Don't get me wrong, they're quite tasty and not too sweet, but they're a little too chewy and dense. I was hoping to send these to a friend, but I may have to make a new batch to send away. I guess Ross' coworkers get these. :)

Alright well I'm going to go sit on the porch simply because it feels like fall and I'm in love with it. :)

Have a gorgeous night!

7 comments:

Bec September 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

awww enjoy the fall weather on the porch!

just me September 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

yay for fall weather! i wish i could get some here in South Texas!!!

Lauren September 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

Isn't the fall air so refreshing?

Dinner looks good, but too bad on the excess salt flavor. I do this ALL the time. I have such a tendancy to over-salt things.

Hope you have a great day love!

*Erica* September 30, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

I'm with you...LOVE the fall! It is my very fave time of year! I love jeans and tshirt weather...YES! We are there, too. It was like 40* this morning, with a high of 72*!!! Ahhhhhhh.....

Low September 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I'm hesitant to embrace fall. But the 70 degree weather is amazing! Sorry about dinner. The cookies look yum tho!

Pam (Highway to Health) September 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

I love, love, love fall! I just bought some new fall clothes this weekend. So excited to wear them.

The quinoa dish looks awesome - sorry it was too salty!

Rosser May 11, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

I have such a tendancy to over-salt things. Very nice posting here..
visit for free Colon Cleanse

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP