It's Almost Time!

>> Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Howdy hey! Busy bee over here. Last night was another one of those sleepless nights for me. I ended up getting a lot of work done on the new recipe page for the new site. It was frustrating getting the kinks worked out/ the right format set, but we're dandy now!

Which leads me to my second-to-last big announcement here about the "new blog"...my new and improved blog makeover/ overhaul will be up and in effect on THURSDAY!!!! (The last announcement will be Thursday morning when I release the new site's name here). Are you excited? I am. I'm sure that's not obvious or anything...

Anyway! Breakfast was an old treat...Quaker Oatmeal Squares (aka CRACK!). I sent Ross to the store last night because we were completely out of oats and Quaker oats were bogo free. Wellll the Oatmeal Squares were bogo free also. Does my man know me well or what?



Lunch was so simple, wholesome and tasty. I sauteed half a tomato, half a cup of navy beans and 1/4 a bag of spinach. I added some seasonings (garlic powder, sprinkle of kosher salt, dried basil and ground pepper) for some extra flavor. With meals like these, how could anyone not Luv Veggies?


I ate it with a whole wheat English Muffin, toasted with Earth Balance. Seriously, I could never go on a low-carb diet. I love me some doughy goodness!

What is one ridiculous diet that you know that you couldn't last a day on? For me it's the Atkins (I think so at least - is that the one where you eat like no carbs but gorge on meat, meat, meat? Yeah, not veg-head friendly LOL). Oh, better yet, what's the most absurd crash diet you've heard of? Seriously, some of the crash diets out there crack. me. up.

Happy afternoon!

14 comments:

a.h. marie September 29, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

I heard of this one where u ate bananas all day, then tomatoes the next...and a diff set of fruit each day. omg I can't imagine eating only bananas. I'd die... so you know how u like (well we all do) freebie exercises? Here's some.... only had "blogger" and we'd be set!!!

http://www.patrickmoberg.com/workoutplan/

brandi September 29, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

Atkins for sure!

or that cabbage soup diet. blech.

Lori-pure2raw September 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Excited for you and your new design. I had a sleepless night last night too. I really don't believe in diets so I think they are all silly. I think if you eat a balanced diet full of fruits and veggies and cut out highly processed foods than you are on the right track. Though really not a fan of Atkins.

Maggie September 29, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Atkins is crazy, and I tried being more raw a few weeks ago... it was awful. Never again. We are not meant to only eat raw food!

Mrs. LC September 29, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Abby - LOL that workout plan!

Maggie - I definitely agree with raw diets. I know many people love it and it works for them, but not for me. My tummy goes out of whack if I just pump raw veggies into it all the time. And I know that there are many health benefits to eating raw, but honestly there are health benefits to cooked food, too. (Take my lunch today - cooked spinach has a lot more iron than raw, and cooked tomatoes has way more lycopene than raw).

Disclaimer: Just want to verify that I no way am a proponent of fad diets, I was just asking about them because they're silly and some of the crazy ones make me laugh. :)

Rose September 29, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Oooh! i'm excited to see the blog makeover!

glidingcalm September 29, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

that meal looks so beautiful and simple! i am forwarding this to my mama for dinner ideas!! :)

thanks love!!!

K from ksgoodeats September 29, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Um, yeah. K and Atkins are like oil and water. Impossible!! Or that one that you drink that weird concoction that sounds like something from a sleep over (I think it's maple syrup, lemon juice, and hot sauce?).

New site name and all!? Wow!! Sounds exciting :)

Courtney F September 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

I jumped on the ridiculous Atkins train for about 2 weeks. All that meat and cheese was not for me. Blech!

errign September 29, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

The funniest diet to me is the one where you drink water, lemon juice, cayenne and maple syrup all day long for a week.

I would toss my cookies if I drank that. :D

Low September 29, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

Yay for the new site! Can't wait.

Your bean lunch looks great! I love anything and everything beans.

I tried Atkins once and went absolutely nutty after like 2 days. It's so unhealthy.

Jess September 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

I'm so excited!

I'm thinking about overhauling my blog...but it's only in the thinking process right now, since I'm so swamped with work!

BOBBI McCORMICK September 29, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

The cabbage soup diet!!!

Monika May 11, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

Your bean lunch looks great! I love anything and everything beans.I follow your instructions and got much delicious. thanks


Get Free risk free trial of Colon Cleanse

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP